Counseling » New to BHS

New to BHS

Students registering for Blackman High School from another Rutherford County School:


  1. Proof of Residency
  • A utility bill, leasing agreement, and/or deed or
  • A zone waiver letter of approval from Central Office or
  • An address affidavit: forms can be obtained at the Counseling Office, must be completed and notarized by both parties.  In addition, all parties (the student, the student’s guardian, and the person they are living with) are required to meet with the principal of BHS for approval.  Both the notarized address affidavit and 2 utility bills must be provided at the time of the meeting.
  1. Tennessee Immunization Card 

This card should already be in the student’s cumulative record if he/she has been a student in a Tennessee Public School. If not, this card can be obtained from the Rutherford County Health Department, 100 W. Burton Street, (615) 898-7880 or from his/her doctor. According to Tennessee state regulations, we cannot register your child without this card on file!


  1. Birth Certificate Copy
  1. Custody Papers: Only required if the student’s parents are divorced/separated or have never been married


  1. Unofficial Transcript: Either an unofficial transcript showing all high school credits or final report cards from each year of high school are required to accurately place the student in courses


  1. Transfer/Withdrawal Form: Required only for students enrolling from another school in the same school year. Students must have withdrawn from the previous school before they can be registered at BHS.



Helpful Phone Numbers:

Blackman High School: (615) 904-3850, Fax (615) 904-3849

Bus Transportation: (615) 895-8656

Health Department: (615) 898-7785