Blackman High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Counseling » New to Blackman

New to Blackman

For all new students to our school:


Student registration takes place in the Blackman High School counseling office. To insure that your wait time is the shortest possible you should call first (615) 904-3850 and make an appointment to meet with your child’s counselor. You should plan to arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow time to complete the necessary paperwork prior to seeing the counselor.

The following items are required for the registration process:


1. Proof of Residency -

  • A utility bill(gas,electric), leasing agreement, deed

  • If your child is attending Blackman High School on a zone waiver, yu must present your letter of approval from the Central Office in lieu of proof of residency.

  • If the custodial parent and student are living with someone else, they must obtain an an Address Affidavit form from the Counseling Office. This form must be completed & notarized by both parties. In addition, you and the person you are living with must meet with the principal before registration can take place. (You must bring the notarized affidavit and 2 utility bills with you when meeting with the principal.)

2. Tennessee Immunization Card

This card should already be in your student’s cumulative records if he/she has been a student in a Tennessee Public School. If not, this card can be obtained from the Rutherford County Health Department, 100 W. Burton Street (615) 898-7880 or from his/her doctor by presenting the student's immunization record. No appointment is necessary to transfer these records. According to Tennessee state regulations, we cannot register your child without this card on file!

3. Birth certificate copy

4. Custody Papers -If the student’s parents are divorced/separated or have never been married.

5. Unofficial Transcript - Either an unofficial transcript showing all of the student’s high school credits or final report cards from each year of high school will be required to properly place your child in classes.

6. Transfer/Withdrawal Form – Required only for students enrolling from another school in the same school year. Students must have withdrawn from the previous school before they can be registered at BHS.



Helpful Phone Numbers:

Blackman High School: (615) 904-3850, Fax (615) 904-3849

Bus Transportation: (615) 895-8656

Department of Children Services: (615) 217-8900

School Attorney: (615) 893-5812 ext.22012

Health Department: (615) 898-7785